After you have added content to your course, you can opt to Enforce Module Sequence, meaning that all of the modules in the course will need to be taken in order from top to bottom.
If you want to reorder your content, just hover the mouse over the content you want to move, then click and hold the cross-shaped icon and drag the module to where you want it to go.
There are also module-specific settings that you can apply, accessed by hovering your mouse over the module you want to edit and clicking on the blue edit button.
Custom Name: Renames the module in only this course. If the content is being used in a different course, the name in the other course will not be affected.
Description: Use this text field to add a brief text description of the module. It will be visible at the top of the page when a learner views the content.
Days Until Item Unlocks: Enter the number of days until the item becomes available.
Item Available On: Set a calendar date upon which the item will become accessible. If used in conjunction with Days Until Item Unlocks, this setting will take precedence.
Time Required to Spend on Item: Sets the minimum number of seconds that a user needs to spend viewing the module before it's considered complete. Only videos will have this setting applied by default.
Mandatory Item: If unchecked, the module does not need to be completed for the learner to pass the course.
Must be Successfully Completed to Continue Course: Similar to Enforce Module Sequence, but it is applied only to the one module instead of all modules. If enabled, a user will need to complete the module before they can access any following modules.
Clicking on General Settings will allow you to apply different settings to the course.
- Course Name: Use this section to edit the name of the course as it appears for everyone in the platform.
- Course Active: This setting determines if the course is accessible to learners. If the course is not Active, it will be hidden from their visible courses, and users will not be able to see it. If making a change to an assessment, it is highly recommended to make all courses that contain the assessment inactive while changes are being made.
- Course Image: The Course Image replaces the default course image with an image of your choice.
- Course Category: Use this option to set what the course is categorized under. This is purely for organizational and searchability purposes.
- Introduction: Any text you enter here will be visible in the course portal, as well as in any enrollment or course purchase forms.
- Course Video: If you want to include a video in your course portal, such as a course preview, you can use this option to attach one. It will be overlaid on top of the Course Image and will play once a user clicks on it.
- Credits: Determines how many credits are awarded to the Learner upon course completion.
- Additional Registration Fields: Determines what information fields a user will need to enter when enrolling in the course through the enrollment link.
- Course Certificate: With this option enabled, a user will receive a certificate of completion when they successfully pass the course. If there is more than one certificate available in the platform, you will see a drop-down menu allowing you to select the one you want to use.
- Validity Length: Enter in the number of days after which a user will be re-enrolled after completion. For example, if you enter 365, users will be reenrolled in the course 365 days after they complete it. Please note that this setting is not retroactive and will only apply to users that were enrolled in the course after the Validity Length was set.
- Start Date: The calendar date on which the course becomes available.
- End Date: The calendar date on which the course no longer is accessible, including Learners who have already completed the course.
- Course Length: The number of days a user has to finish the course after they begin.
- Course Contact Email: This email is displayed in the course portal. It defaults over to the email of the Admin that created the course, but it is editable at any time.
- Course Custom Emails: You will need to work with an Admin to set these up. The custom emails allow you to tailor the notification emails specifically for each course. You can refer to this article for more information about how this feature works.
- Credits Required: The number of credits that a Learner needs to have earned before they are able to access the course.
- Share Course: If you are on the Enterprise plan, you can share your course with your other subplatforms by entering the domain (yourcompany.skyprepapp.com), together with the email of an Admin on the receiving platform.